Thank you to our community friends who have recently donated
to the Friends of the Butler Library. With these generous donations
we were able to purchase the following items:
- 70 Inch color television for Movie Nights and other programs
- Two new bookcases for our “Books on CD” collection
- Museum Passes for the Intrepid, the Morris Museum, Grounds for Sculpture, and a new addition for Imagine That!!!, a Children’s Museum located in Florham Park, NJ.
- A popcorn machine for Children’s Programming and Movie Nights
- Duplo’s building blocks and Duplo Letters
Recycle with Us. (Fundraising for our Library) Drop off your used ink cartridges, cell phones, and laser cartridges with us. There is a box under the display case in the foyer of the Library for these items. Thank you.
Museum Passes (Click on the links below for more information) Museum Passes have been provided by the Friends of the Butler Public Library to the following area attractions.
- The Intrepid Sea, Air, and Space Museum
- Morris Museum
- Imagine That!!! (coming soon)
- Grounds for SculptureYou may print out a Museum Pass User’s Agreement to bring to the Library when you pick up the passes or fill it out when you pick up the pass. Read more…>
Family Movie Night at Butler Public Library: August 14
Butler Public Library will hold a Family Movie Night, now showing, HOME , Rated PG (94 minutes) on Friday, August 14, from 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm. Come watch the movie on our New 70” Flat Screen TV, purchased by The Friends of the Butler Public Library. Program is open to all ages. Sign up at the Circulation Desk to reserve your seat.
Future Movie Night Dates: September 11, October 30, November 13, and December 18, 2015.
Currently at the Morris Museum: Borrow a Free Pass.
Now You See it: The Art of Magic and Illusion
Through August 15, 2015
Illusions are surprising and intriguing. They distort our senses and mystify our logical thinking. This mind bending exhibition explores how the human mind can be fooled through optical illusions, a magician’s sleight of hand, and an artist’s distortion of perspective. Hands-on, interactive stations will invite visitors to test the boundaries of clarity and confusion.|
Artists, magicians, and illusionists have been tricking the human eye for centuries. From the trompe l’oeil paintings of the Baroque period, to the Op-Art illusions of the 20th century, artists have distorted the viewer’s perception to create masterpieces of illusion. Magicians, using “sleight of hand” in the same way artists use hue, value, and perspective, have delighted spectators with seemingly impossible tricks. Similarly, contemporary illusionists have harnessed technology and animation to augment reality in logically defying ways. This exhibition will invite visitors to explore how these visual stunts distort perception.
- Free online DMV practice tests: Read more…>
- Healthy Body & Mind: Exercise for Elders: Read more…>
- Crafts for Adults: Cake Decorating: Read more…>
- All About Medicare: Read more…>
- Crocheting Workshop Series: Read more…>
Children and Teens
- Summer Reading Program: Read more…>
- 1000 Books Before Kindergarten: Read more…>
- Summer Chess Club: July 16, July 30, August 13: Read more…>
- Lego Club: August 6: Read more…>
- Paint a ceramic robot bank: August 20: Read more…>
- Sew-less Pillow Activity: August 24: Read more…>
- States and Capitals Bingo Night: August 24: Read more…>
- Paint a Super Hero Bank: August 27: Read more…>
- Detective Science: August 31: Read more…>
- Crafts for Kids: Cake Decorating: September 24: Read more…>
- Free Online DMV Permit Practice: Read more…>
Would you like to receive online updates from the Butler Library regarding exciting upcoming Adult, Teen, and Children’s events? If so, fill out the online email registration form below. If at anytime you would like us to remove your name from the email list, please let us know by calling the Library at 973-838-3262.
- The Butler Public Library has DVDs, Music CDs, Audiobooks, Fiction Novels, Non-Fiction Books, Free Museum Passes and Magazines, which are all available for borrowing for free. There is no need to buy any of these things when you can borrow them from a library for free and return them, thus eliminating clutter in your home. We also provide some digital books which you can read and listen to on a computer or tablet outside the Library, as long as you have a Butler Library card.
- We also have current newspapers which you may read in the library and we offer access to over 70 magazines online which you can read from outside the Library. So, if you want to read and don’t get it delivered to your house, you can read it online, courtesy of your library.
- If your printer at home is not working and you need to print something quick, come to the library and print-out copies from one of our computers or from a hard-copy for $0.15 a page black & white. We also can send faxes for you at a nominal fee compared to office supply stores.
- If you can’t find what you are looking for in the Butler Library, we can order it for you from another library. The book, DVD, or CD will be delivered to the Butler Library for you to pick up, all as part of our services.
- To use the resources and services we offer, come to the Butler Library with an ID which shows you live in the town or a utility bill. Sign up for your free library card and you will be able to use it at any library in Morris County and also at some other counties which are local.
- When you pay your taxes or rent, the library services are included in the fees so please come and take advantage of the services that are offered to you. We look forward to serving you at the Butler Public Library.
- Butler Public Library is located at 1 Ace Road, behind the municipal building, on the internet at www.butlerlibrary.org, or by phone 973-838-3262.