Summer Reading Program Begins June 29 with registration 11:30 A.M. until 3:00 P.M. and Jack’s Petting Zoo from 12:00 – 1:30 P.M.
Does your student have a Summer Math Packet to complete for Middle School or for Freshman Math? A student volunteer would love to help your child this summer. Limited space is available, so call or stop in at the Library to see Ms. Arlene. (973-838-3262)
Friendly Reminder: We appreciate all book donations, however, please do not put any book donations into the BOOK DROP located outside of the Library. The book drop is for book & DVD returns only.
Summer Hours begin Saturday, July 1. The Butler Library will be closed on all Saturdays from July 1 through and including Saturday, September 3.
Family Movie Night
Now Showing, A Dog’s Purpose
Future Movie Dates: July 14: (Beauty and the Beast: From 7:00 – 9:15) August 4, September 29, October 13, November 10, and December 8. Titles of future movie presentations will be announced at a later date. Check back frequently for updates.
BABY BOX DISTRIBUTION CENTER coming to the Butler Library in a few weeks. Watch for our announcement on this web page when the boxes have arrived. In the meantime, please go to another distribution center in New Jersey as we are not yet an active distribution center. https://www.babyboxco.com/pages/active-programs
Museum Passes Butler Library card holders can check-out free Museum Passes with a $30.00 cash deposit which will be refunded when the passes are returned. (Click on the links below for more information) Museum Passes have been provided by the Friends of the Butler Public Library to the following area attractions.
- Morris Museum: Morristown, NJ: Read more…>
Current Exhibits: (See What’s happening at the Morris Museum)
- The Intrepid Sea, Air, and Space Museum: Manhattan, NYC Read more…>
- Imagine That!!! Florham Park, NJ: Read more…>
- Grounds for Sculpture: Hamilton Township, NJ: Read more…>
- You may print out a Museum Pass User’s Agreement to bring to the Library when you pick up the passes or fill it out when you pick up the pass. Read more…>
A PARTIAL SOLAR ECLIPSE IS COMING to New Jersey: August 21, 2017
The date the solar glasses will be available will be posted on our website. Stay tuned.
Free Solar Glasses for the first 1000 Butler Library Cardholders. Please show your library card when you pick them up and sign for them.
The Butler Library is planning events for the Summer viewing of the solar eclipse and scheduling programs for families and students. STARNET: Science Technology Activities & Resources for Libraries is sponsoring the Solar Eclipse Event and will be providing us with viewing glasses for our residents through the The Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation More information to follow. Check our website for more information.
- Hue Animation Program: Students of any age who are interested in animation will use a computer program to show the steps of a solar eclipse. In order to begin the animating process, students will need to design a background, draw and cut out a sun and a moon, and use the animation program to show how the moon moves in front of the sun. This program will run three times throughout the summer in order to have as many children as possible participate. Registration is required and will open soon.
- Solar Viewing Program: July 10, 2017. Sign-ups required
Solar Eclipse Safety (PDF file)
Spanish: Solar Safety (PDF file) A Guide for Libraries and Their Communities (Powerpoint PDF file)
Helpful Links for Observer’s Viewing
Observer’s Guide to Viewing the Eclipse (Print out a PDF)
The Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation Provides Viewing Glasses for Residents More information to follow. Stay tuned.
For Kids: Check out our website for Tumble Books: Premium Edition
What can the Butler Public Library offer me? Read more…>
Recycle with Us. (Fundraising for our Library) Drop off your used ink cartridges, cell phones, and laser cartridges with us. There is a box under the display case in the foyer of the Library for these items. Thank you.
Join our Email List:
Send an email with the word Join in the subject field to info@ButlerLibrary.org to receive email blasts of Library Programs and Events. Stay informed and know what’s happening at the Library.
Movie Recommendations Welcomed
Sometimes, we are asked if we know of any good movies in the Library collection for a person to watch. If you have any recommendations of good movies available at the Butler Library, please share that with us. We can pass on your recommendation to other patrons.