October 4 -10 is Fire Prevention Week
Have you tested your Smoke Alarm?
Does it need new batteries?
Columbus Day: Monday, October 12, 2015
The Butler Public Library will be closed.
The Library has a free 30-day trial of Tumble Books and Audio Books (expires 10/17/15). Let us know if you would be interested in having the Library purchase this database if funds are available.
Tumble Books: “TumbleBooks” by licensing existing children’s books from publishers and then animating the illustrations and adding audio narration. Books are iPad and mobile compatible! We also include educational games to accompany the books.
Tumble Book Cloud: TumbleBookCloud is an online collections of ebooks, graphic novels, audio books and National Geographic videos for teens (middle/high school)
Audio Book Cloud: AudioBookCloud is a collection of online streaming audio books for high school and adult readers.
Horror Movie Night, now showing, Insidious: Chapter 3, Rated PG-13 (97 minutes) at Butler Public Library
Friday, October 30, 2015
From 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm
Butler Public Library will hold a Horror Movie Night, now showing, new release film, Insidious: Chapter 3, Rated PG-13 (97 minutes) on Friday, October 30, 2015, from 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm. Come watch the movie on our New 70” Flat Screen TV, purchased by The Friends of the Butler Public Library. Program is open to ages 13 and over. Call 973-838-3262, to reserve your seat.
Future Movie Night Dates: November 13, & December 18
What can the Butler Public Library offer me in 2015? Read more…>
Recycle with Us. (Fundraising for our Library) Drop off your used ink cartridges, cell phones, and laser cartridges with us. There is a box under the display case in the foyer of the Library for these items. Thank you.
Museum Passes (Click on the links below for more information) Museum Passes have been provided by the Friends of the Butler Public Library to the following area attractions.
- The Intrepid Sea, Air, and Space Museum
- Morris Museum
- Imagine That!!! Available Now
- Grounds for Sculpture: You may print out a Museum Pass User’s Agreement to bring to the Library when you pick up the passes or fill it out when you pick up the pass. Read more…>
- Free online DMV practice tests: Read more…>
- Elder Exercise Class: Sept. 14 – Nov. 3: Read more…>
- Estate Planning Workshop: Oct. 21: Read more…>
- Finance Workshop: Nov. 4: Read more…>
- Parenting Workshop: Nov. 10: Read more…>
- Crafts for Adults: Dec. 2: Read more…>
- Teens and Parents: College Planning Seminar: Read more…>
- Crocheting Workshop Series: Read more…>
Children and Teens
- 1000 Books Before Kindergarten: Read more…>
- Halloween Parade to Senior Housing: Oct. 29: Read more…>
- Craft night: Decorate a Pumpkin: Oct. 19: Read more…>
- Food Art: Oct. 26: Read more…>
- Teen Movie Night: Oct 30: Read more…> NEW PROGRAM ADDED
- Craft: Decorate a Canvas Tray: Nov. 5: Read more…>
- Write a letter to Santa: Read more…>
- Santa Visits the Library: Dec. 7: Read more…>
- Write a Thank you letter to Santa: Read more…>
- Free Online DMV Permit Practice: Read more…>
“Free Picture Book of the Day” for children.
Would you like to receive online updates from the Butler Library regarding exciting upcoming Adult, Teen, and Children’s events? If so, fill out the online email registration form below. If at anytime you would like us to remove your name from the email list, please let us know by calling the Library at 973-838-3262.