Last week for TOYS FOR TOTS at the Butler Library.
The Butler Library is a Drop off Site for TOYS FOR TOTS beginning November 1 – December 2, 2016. You may bring a new, unwrapped gift a child to be donated to those in need.
If you would like to donate after December 2, you will need to drop off the toys at another drop off location. The Marine Corp. Train will be stopping at the Butler Museum on Saturday, December 3. See time schedule below.
TASTE OF BUTLER FUNDRAISER
Thank you for your support! What a successful event for our community. Look for more Tastes of Butler in 2017.
The Butler Library has a 3D printer! We are in the beginning stages of offering 3D printing to our patrons. Additional information to follow. Visit the Library to see our 3D printer in action.
For Kids: Check out our website for Tumble Books: Premium Edition
New! A White House youth initiative to get all 4th graders and their families to experience the places that are home to our country’s natural treasures, rich history, and vibrant culture. Fourth Graders receive free Access to all Federal Parks, Lands, and Waters. Before you plan a trip with your family, go to www.everykidinapark.gov to learn about all of the places you can visit with this pass. Show the paper voucher (Pick it up at the Butler Library) to receive access to the parks.
Movie Night Date: December 9
Family Movie Night at Butler Public Library
Now Showing: Finding Dory
Time: 7:00 – 8:45 P.M.
Butler Public Library will hold a Family Movie Night, now showing, Finding Dory, December 9, 2016. Come watch the movie on our new 70” Flat Screen TV, purchased by The Friends of the Butler Public Library. The program is open to all ages. Call 973-838-3262, to reserve your seat.
Future Movie Nights:
Friday: January 13: The Secret Life of Pets.
Time: 7:00 – 8:30 P.M.
Butler Public Library will hold a Family Movie Night, now showing, The Secret Life of Pets, January 13, 2017. Come watch the animated new release movie on our new 70” Flat Screen TV, purchased by The Friends of the Butler Public Library. The program is open to all ages. Call 973-838-3262, to reserve your seat.
Future Movie Dates: February 10, March 31, April 28, May 12, June 30, July 14, August 4, September 29, October 13, November 10, and December 8. Titles of future movie presentations will be announced at a later date. Check back frequently for updates.
What can the Butler Public Library offer me in 2016? Read more…>
Recycle with Us. (Fundraising for our Library) Drop off your used ink cartridges, cell phones, and laser cartridges with us. There is a box under the display case in the foyer of the Library for these items. Thank you.
Join our Email List:
Send an email with the word Join in the subject field to info@ButlerLibrary.org to receive email blasts of Library Programs and Events. Stay informed and know what’s happening at the Library.
Museum Passes Butler Library card holders can check-out free Museum Passes with a $30.00 cash deposit which will be refunded when the passes are returned. (Click on the links below for more information) Museum Passes have been provided by the Friends of the Butler Public Library to the following area attractions.
- Morris Museum: Morristown, NJ: Read more…>
Current Exhibits: (See What’s happening at the Morris Museum)
- The Intrepid Sea, Air, and Space Museum: Manhattan, NYC Read more…>
- Imagine That!!! Florham Park, NJ: Read more…>
- Grounds for Sculpture: Hamilton Township, NJ: Read more…>You may print out a Museum Pass User’s Agreement to bring to the Library when you pick up the passes or fill it out when you pick up the pass. Read more…>
- Elder Exercise: Continuing Monday morning classes: Read more…>
- Citizenship Classes: Second and Fourth Thursday. Read more…>
- Last Tuesday Afternoon of the Month Film Series: Nov. 29, Dec. 27: Read more…>
- Knitting & Crocheting Circle: First & Third Tuesday: Read more…>
- Craft Night for Adults: December 29: Read more…>
- Weekly Computer Assistance: Read more…>
- Hodge Podge Ceramic Painting: Dec. 29: Read more…>
- Free online DMV practice tests: Read more…>
Children and Teens:
- Monthly Story Time with Ms. Lisa: Saturdays: Jan. 7, Feb. 4, March 4:
- Read more…>
- Monday Night Jr. Book Club: Read more…>
- Monday Night Kids Book Club: Read more…>
- Tuesday Morning Story Time: Read more…>
- Thursday Morning Toddler Time: Read more…>
- Afternoon Story Time: Read more…>
- Cup Stacking Club: Read more…>
- Ceramic Surprise: Read more…>
- Juggling FunShop: Read more…>
- New Jersey Maker’s Day: March 25; Celebrating S.T.E.M and S.T.E.A.M. Read more…>
- Maker’s Day: Ceramic Surprise
- Maker’s Day: Snap Circuit Station
- Maker’s Day: Creating Station
- Maker’s Day: Lego Card Station
- 3D Printing Demonstration
- S.T.E.M. Light Up Book Mark: Read more…>
- S.T.E.A.M. Sparkling CD Sun Catcher: Read more…>
- S.T.E.M. Light Up Creature: Read more…>
- S.T.E.M. Maze: Read more…>
- Celebrate Dr. Seuss: Read more…>
- 1000 Books Before Kindergarten: Read more…>
- Free Online DMV Permit Practice: Read more…>