The Butler Library has a 3D printer! We are in the beginning stages of offering 3D printing to our patrons. Additional information to follow. Visit the Library to see our 3D printer in action.
For Kids: Check out our website for Tumble Books: Premium Edition
Movie Night Date: September 30
Family Movie Night at Butler Public Library
Now Showing: The Angry Birds Movie
Time: 7:00 – 8:45 P.M.
Butler Public Library will hold a Family Movie Night, now showing, The Angry Birds Movie (PG) on Friday, September 30, 2016. Come watch the movie on our new 70” Flat Screen TV, purchased by The Friends of the Butler Public Library. The program is open to all ages. Call 973-838-3262, to reserve your seat.
Future Movie Nights:
Friday, October 14, Ice Age 5, Collision Course: 7:00 – 8:30 P.M.
Friday, November 11, Alice Through the Looking Glass: 7:00 – 9:00 P.M.
What can the Butler Public Library offer me in 2016? Read more…>
New Library Service
Experiencing Technical Difficulties?
Every Monday from 4:00 P.M. – 8:00 P.M. or by Appointment
Presented by Student Technology Consultants
Need help with a new smart phone, e-reader, tablet, laptop, etc.? Come in on any Monday night and ask for a STC (Student Technology Consultant) to help you learn how to use your new device. For help at other times, email our Library Director at: Luis.Rodriguez@butlerlibrary.org
Recycle with Us. (Fundraising for our Library) Drop off your used ink cartridges, cell phones, and laser cartridges with us. There is a box under the display case in the foyer of the Library for these items. Thank you.
Join our Email List:
Send an email with the word Join in the subject field to info@ButlerLibrary.org to receive email blasts of Library Programs and Events. Stay informed and know what’s happening at the Library.
Museum Passes Butler Library card holders can check-out free Museum Passes with a $30.00 cash deposit which will be refunded when the passes are returned. (Click on the links below for more information) Museum Passes have been provided by the Friends of the Butler Public Library to the following area attractions.
- Morris Museum: Morristown, NJ: Read more…>
- The Intrepid Sea, Air, and Space Museum: Manhattan, NYC Read more…>
- Imagine That!!! Florham Park, NJ: Read more…>
- Grounds for Sculpture: Hamilton Township, NJ: Read more…>You may print out a Museum Pass User’s Agreement to bring to the Library when you pick up the passes or fill it out when you pick up the pass. Read more…>
- Elder Exercise: Continuing Monday morning classes: Read more…>
- Citizenship Classes: Second and Fourth Thursday. Read more…>
- Last Tuesday Afternoon of the Month Film Series; Read more…>
- Movie Night: September 30: Read more…>
- Knitting & Crocheting Circle: First & Third Tuesday: Read more…>
- Estate Planning Workshop: September 27: Read more…>
- Hodge Podge Ceramic Painting: September 29: Read more…>
- Driver Safety Program: October 19: Read more…>
- Adult Coloring Program: October 27: Read more…>
- Craft Night for Adults: December 29: Read more…>
- Weekly Computer Assistance: Read more…>
- Astronomy Night: For all Ages: November 1: Read more…>
- College Planning Seminar: November 2: Read more…>
- Free online DMV practice tests: Read more…>
Children and Teens:
- 1000 Books Before Kindergarten: Read more…> .
- Tuesday Morning Story Time: Begins Sept. 20: Read more…>
- Thursday Morning Toddler Time Begins Sept. 22: Read more…>
- Afternoon Story Time: Begins Sept. 22: Read more…>
- Monday Night Jr. book Club: Begins Sept. 19: Read more…>
- Monday Night Kids Book Club: Begins Sept. 19: Read more…>
- Kindergarten and First Grade Sight Word Bingo: Read more…>
- Web Maker Program Held at Richard Butler School: Begins Oct. 5: Begins Read more…>
- Cup Stacking Club: Begins Oct. 22: Read more…>
- Local Author: Mrs. Hanisch: October 1: Read more…>
- S.T.E.A.M: Painting Class: Ceramic Dog: Oct. 15: Read more…>
- Garage Robotics: Begins Oct. 4: Read more…>
- Halloween Parade to Senior Housing: Oct. 13: Read more…>
- S.T.E.M. Catapult: Dec. 5: Read more…>
- S.T.E.A.M: Painting Class: Penguin: Dec. 3: Read more…>
- Traditional Okinawan Karate & Anti-Bullying Demonstration: Oct. 17: Read more…>
- Monthly Story Time with Ms. Lisa: Saturdays: Oct. 1, Nov. 12, Dec. 10: Read more…>
- Santa Visits the Library: Dec. 1: Read more…>
- Free Online DMV Permit Practice: Read more…>