A friendly reminder: The Butler Library will be closed on Monday, May 30 for Memorial Day. Please visit the Library before Saturday, May 28, to choose any materials you would like to borrow. Drop off books in the book drop.
Thank you to our generous patrons who recently donated books for our Book Sale, which will be held on Saturday, June 4, but we have reached our limit and can no longer accept any more donations.
Book Sale at the Butler Library
Saturday, June 4th
Set up for the book sale begins June 3.
10:00 A.M. – 3:00 P.M.
Come in an browse the huge selection.
Books: $0.10 – $2.00
DVD’s and Blue Rays: $1.00
Computer Games: $1.00
Movie Night Date: June 24
Family Movie Night at Butler Public Library
Now Showing: Zootopia (New Release Animated Film)
From 7:00 pm – 8:45 pm
Butler Public Library will hold a Family Movie Night, now showing, new release film, Zootopia (1 hour 48 minutes) on Friday, June 24, 2016. Come watch the movie on our New 70” Flat Screen TV, purchased by The Friends of the Butler Public Library. Program is open to all ages. Call 973-838-3262, to reserve your seat.
Future Movie Nights Planned: July 8, August 5
Butler Public Library will hold a Family Movie Night. Come watch the movie on our New 70” Flat Screen TV, purchased by The Friends of the Butler Public Library. Program is open to all ages. Call 973-838-3262, to reserve your seat.
What can the Butler Public Library offer me in 2016? Read more…>
Join Our Email List: Send an email with the word Join in the subject field to info@ButlerLibrary.org to receive email blasts of the Library Programs and Events. Stay informed and know what’s happening at the Butler Library.
New Library Service
Experiencing Technical Difficulties?
Every Monday from 4:00 P.M. – 8:00 P.M. or by Appointment
Presented by Student Technology Consultants
Need help with a new smart phone, e-reader, tablet, laptop, etc.? Come in on any Monday night and ask for a STC (Student Technology Consultant) to help you learn how to use your new device. For help at other times, email our Library Director at: Luis.Rodriguez@butlerlibrary.org
Recycle with Us. (Fundraising for our Library) Drop off your used ink cartridges, cell phones, and laser cartridges with us. There is a box under the display case in the foyer of the Library for these items. Thank you.
Join our Email List:
Send an email with the word Join in the subject field to info@ButlerLibrary.org to receive email blasts of Library Programs and Events. Stay informed and know what’s happening at the Library.
Museum Passes Butler Library card holders can check-out free Museum Passes with a $30.00 cash deposit which will be refunded when the passes are returned. (Click on the links below for more information) Museum Passes have been provided by the Friends of the Butler Public Library to the following area attractions.
- Morris Museum: Morristown, NJ: Read more…>
- The Intrepid Sea, Air, and Space Museum: Manhattan, NYC Read more…>
- Imagine That!!! Florham Park, NJ: Read more…>
- Grounds for Sculpture: Hamilton Township, NJ: Read more…>You may print out a Museum Pass User’s Agreement to bring to the Library when you pick up the passes or fill it out when you pick up the pass. Read more…>
- Elder Exercise: Continuing Monday morning classes: Read more…>
- Drawing Classes: Every Wednesday in May. Read more…>
- Citizenship Classes: Second and Fourth Thursday. Read more…>
- Last Tuesday Afternoon of the Month Film Series; Read more…>AARP: Driver Safety Program: June 7: Read more…>
- Butterflies, Birds and Blooms Workshop website: July 26: Read more…>
- Adult Coloring Art Program: July 28: Read more…>
- Medicare 101: August 9: Read more…>
- Painting with a Purpose: Fundraiser: August 21: Read more…>
- Estate Planning Workshop: September 27: Read more…>
- Hodge Podge Ceramic Painting: September 29: Read more…>
- Free online DMV practice tests: Read more…>
Children and Teens
- 1000 Books Before Kindergarten: Read more…>
- S.T.E.M. Science Workshop: May 14: (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) Read more…>
- Monthly Saturday Story Time: June 18 Read more…>
Watch for new dates scheduled in the fall. The Library is closed on Saturdays in July and August.
- Turtle Craft: June 4: Read more…>
- Call all Teen Volunteers: Meeting June 6: Read more…>
- Father’s Day Craft: June 11: Read more…>
- S.T.E.M. Science Workshop (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics): June 27: Read more…>
- Summer Reading Program: Kick- Off Event: June 30, 2016: Read more…>
- Crafts: Shark Week: July 14: Read more…>
- Art Kids Academy: July 7: Read more…>
- Making Music with Your Smartphone: July 20: Read more…>
- S.T.E.M.: Rubik’s Cube Club: Read more…>
- S.T.E.M.: Speed Stacking Club: Read more…>
- Class 1: Decorate a Telescope: July 12: Read more…>
- Class 2: Decorate a Telescope: July 19: Read more…>
- S.T.E.M.: Oceans Rock: August 4: Read more…>
- Craft Night: Paint a Robot: August 9: Read more…>
- Olympic Cookies: August 11: Read more…>
- S.T.E.M. Gum Drop Engineering: Read more…>
- Free Online DMV Permit Practice: Read more…>