September is Library Card Signup Month!
A friendly reminder to all of our patrons: The Butler Public Library will be closed on Monday, September 7, for Labor Day and will reopen on Tuesday, September 8, at 10:00 A.M. Please make sure you visit the Library before Friday, September 4, for any Library needs. We will reopen on Saturdays beginning September 12, from 10:00 A.M. – 3:00 P.M.
We are currently accepting registrations for all September through December Programs for adults, teens and children. Call the Library at 973-838-3262, to sign up for programs listed on our website.
The Summer Reading Program is over for 2015, so we would like to personally thank all of our sponsors who generously donated to this great program for the students of Butler.
Our sponsors this summer are:
- Aamco Transmissions Route 23 North Butler, NJ
- Applebee’s: Route 23 North Butler, NJ
- AJ’s Pizza: 12 Main Street Butler, NJ
- Bell Montagna Pasta & Pizza 1574 Rte. 23 North Butler, NJ
- Branchburg Sports Complex: 47 Readington Road Branchburg, NJ.
- Domino’s Pizza Route 23 North Butler, NJ
- Ice Cream Station 10 Lakeside Ave. Pompton Lakes, NJ
- New Jersey Library Association and NJ State Library for Art Kids Rule
- River Place Food & Liquor Store: $100.00, 303 Main Street Butler, NJ
- Stop & Shop Route 23 North Butler, NJ
- Trad. Okinawan Karate Rte. 23 Butler, NJ
- The Shannon Rose Irish Pub 1200 Route 17 North Ramsey, NJ
Thank you to our community friends who donated to the Friends of the Butler Library. With these generous donations we were able to purchase the following items:
- 70 Inch color television for Movie Nights and other programs
- Two new bookcases for our “Books on CD” collection
- Museum Passes for the Intrepid, the Morris Museum, Grounds for Sculpture, and a new addition for Imagine That!!!, a Children’s Museum located in Florham Park, NJ.
- A popcorn machine for Children’s Programming and Movie Nights
- Duplos building blocks and Duplo Letters
What can the Butler Public Library offer me in 2015? Read more…>
Recycle with Us. (Fundraising for our Library) Drop off your used ink cartridges, cell phones, and laser cartridges with us. There is a box under the display case in the foyer of the Library for these items. Thank you.
Museum Passes (Click on the links below for more information) Museum Passes have been provided by the Friends of the Butler Public Library to the following area attractions.
- The Intrepid Sea, Air, and Space Museum
- Morris Museum
- Imagine That!!! Available Now
- Grounds for Sculpture: You may print out a Museum Pass User’s Agreement to bring to the Library when you pick up the passes or fill it out when you pick up the pass. Read more…>
Family Movie Night at Butler Public Library: September 18
Butler Public Library will hold a Family Movie Night, now showing, Cinderella, Rated PG (105 minutes) on Friday, September 18, from 7:00 pm – 8:45 pm. Come watch the movie on our New 70” Flat Screen TV, purchased by The Friends of the Butler Public Library. Program is open to all ages. Sign up at the Circulation Desk to reserve your seat.
Future Movie Night Dates: October 30, November 13, & December 18
- Free online DMV practice tests: Read more…>
- Elder Exercise Class: Sept. 14 – Nov. 3: Read more…>
- Crafts for Adults: Cake Decorating: Sept. 24: Read more…>
- Excel for Beginners: Sept. 26 Read more…>
- Estate Planning Workshop: Oct. 21: Read more…>
- Finance Workshop: Nov. 4: Read more…>
- Parenting Workshop: Nov. 10: Read more…>
- Crafts for Adults: Dec. 2: Read more…>
- Teens and Parents: College Planning Seminar: Read more…>
- Crocheting Workshop Series: Read more…>
Children and Teens
- 1000 Books Before Kindergarten: Read more…>
- Detective Science: August 31: Read more…>
- Crafts for Kids: Cake Decorating: September 24: Read more…>
- Halloween Parade to Senior Housing: Read more…>
- Craft night: Decorate a Pumpkin: Read more…>
- Food Art: Read more…>
- Craft: Decorate a Canvas Tray: Read more…>
- Write a letter to Santa: Read more…>
- Santa Visits the Library: Read more…>
- Write a Thank you letter to Santa: Read more…>
- Free Online DMV Permit Practice: Read more…>
Would you like to receive online updates from the Butler Library regarding exciting upcoming Adult, Teen, and Children’s events? If so, fill out the online email registration form below. If at anytime you would like us to remove your name from the email list, please let us know by calling the Library at 973-838-3262.