One Ace Road
Butler New Jersey 07405
973-838-3262 Butler Public Library
Library Usage Policy
- Disruptive behavior, including loudness, profanity, rough-housing, loud cell phone usage, and harassment will be signaled with one warning. After one warning the patron involved will be asked to leave.
- There is no eating or drinking in the library unless as part of a library-sponsored program.
- Please be considerate of others – no smoking, weapons, animals unless an assistance animal or as part of a library program, misusing the restrooms, drugs or alcohol, leaving a child under age 10 unattended, or interfering with another person’s use of the library and/or with library personnel’s performance of their duties. If a person is authorized to carry a weapon, he/she must immediately inform the library staff.
- Adults who cannot independently care for themselves without the attention of a caregiver may not be left unattended and must have adequate supervision from his/her caretaker at all times.
- Shirts and shoes must be worn.
- Library privileges may be limited or revoked if a person damages library property, steals library materials, has an excessive amount of unpaid fines or other assessments, or threatens or harms library personnel or patrons.
- For the safety of others, please no running, skateboarding, or biking in the library or hallways.
- Parents or guardians must remain in the library while their children attend a Children’s Library program.
- At closing time, if an unattended child is at the library without transportation home, the library will allow the child to call home to remind their parents to pick them up. If a child is unable to reach their parents the library staff will remain only 15 minutes after closing. At that time the Butler Police Department will be notified and the child will be left in their care. Under no circumstances shall a staff member drive a child home.
- The library reserves the right to take appropriate action to ensure compliance with the library usage policy and other policies.
Library Usage Policy (PDF for printing)
Adopted by the Board of Trustees 8/2/2012