Reading History Directions Using the Butler Library Catalog
To Begin: Open the Butler Library Catalog
Your reading history is a list of items you have checked out since the reading history began. The items are retained for 5 years. The limit on number of items is 1000. You can stop the history, which clears the list from your library account, and restart the reading history at any time. You may also remove individual items from your reading history. Privacy consideration: If you turn on your reading history, it will be visible in your library account to you and to all MAIN library staff.
Start a reading history
- Click My Record on the My Account menu and log in.
- Click Contact Information and Preferences on the My Record page.
- The Contact Information area expands.
- Select (check) Maintain reading history.
- Click Submit Change Request. Your reading history will begin with the next item you check out, but the item may not actually appear in your reading history list until the next day.
View an existing reading history
- Click My Record on the My Account menu and log in if you have not already done so.
- Click Reading History on the My Account menu.
- Your reading history is displayed. Tip: You can click a title in the list to search for the title in the library catalog and see full information about the title in the search results.
- To sort the list, click a column name. For example, click Title to sort the list by title. Click again to sort in reverse order.
- To remove individual titles from your reading history, click the check box by each title you want to remove and click Delete Selected at the bottom of the list. To delete all the titles on the page, click the check box at the top of the list and click Delete Selected at the bottom of the list.
Clear and stop your reading history
- Click Contact Information and Preferences on the My Record page, or click Change Preferences at the bottom of the Reading History page.
- Select the Maintain reading history check box to clear it. Important: When you turn off your reading history, the titles in your list are cleared. Those titles will not be restored if you restart the reading history later.
- Click Submit Change Request.