“On Your Mark, Get Set…Read!”
The Summer Reading Program 2016
Registration is in person (for Toddlers through Grade 6) at the Library beginning June 30 at 11:30 A.M. – 3:00 P.M. This will be our Summer Reading Kick-Off Day Event. After 3:00 P.M. you may register, but the events will be over. The last day to register for the program is July 22, 2016.
Registration: 11:30 A.M. – 3:00 P.M.
Popcorn Outside: 12:00 – 1:30 P.M.
Jack’s Petting Zoo: 12:00 – 1:30 P.M. (In Parking Lot Area)
Small Craft Inside in Children’s Room: (25 participants in the Children’s Room at one time)
- The volunteers will give your child/children a Summer Reading Passport Brochure (used to log in minutes read per week and titles of additional books read which you can list on the last page of the Passport), a weekly worksheet, and a Kick Off Event Bag.
- Every week your child/children should read the required number of minutes of reading. When the Reading is complete each week, bring the Passport and completed worksheet for their Reading Level into the Library to the Summer Reading Table to receive your child’s weekly prize.
Week 1: June 30 – July 8
Week 2: July 11 – July 15
Week 3: July 18 – July 22 (last week to register)
Week 4: July 25 – July 29
Week 5: August 1 – August 5
2. Each child receives a weekly worksheet (5 total) which must be completed and handed in to the volunteers by Friday of each week in order to be qualified for the weekly drawing. The prizes are displayed in the display case in the foyer of the Library. The Library closes at 5:00 P.M. on Fridays and is closed on weekends throughout the summer.
3. Each child should complete the reading requirements each week, come into the Library to have their Passport stamped, and receive a small incentive for participating each week. Please take a look at our Sponsors Page for businesses who graciously donated to this program to help with some of the expenses of running this program.
4. Parents/Guardians: Please make sure your child/children have put their name and phone number on the weekly worksheet so we can contact you if your child is the recipient of the weekly prize. Please look in the display case in the foyer of the Library for the weekly drawing prizes.
5. Parents/Guardians: If your child is school age, please tell the volunteer the name of the teacher your child/children had the previous school year. (September 2015 – June 2016) Once the Summer Reading Program is over, we send the lists of reading participants to both the Aaron Decker School and Richard Butler School principals.