Calling Volunteers: If you are interested in Volunteering, please call Ms. Arlene @ 973-838-3262
Students: Community Service Hours: Summer Reading Program
Summer Reading Program volunteers are always needed. Call Ms. Arlene or Ms. Lisa (973-838-3262) at the Butler Library if you are interested in working the Children’s Desk during the Summer Reading Program. I am looking for volunteers who have completed sixth grade through eighth grade and all levels of High School Students. We love having our Student Volunteers working in the Butler Public Library every summer!
Students: Community Service Hours
You are invited to join our team of volunteers! Whether you’re a student (age 12 and up) or adult, employed, or retired, you will be a welcome addition to our Library. The Butler Public Library has many opportunities for you to share your skills, experience, time, and energy.
What do volunteers do? Library volunteers do all kinds of things! Help is needed with a variety of tasks, some simple and some more specialized. Volunteers may come in weekly, monthly, or just assist with certain programs or events.
Explore our current volunteer opportunities at the Butler Public Library.
1. Help with special projects for Children’s Librarian like cutting out letters or art patterns, gluing, tracing)
2. Teach a class to adults or teens
3. Earn National Honor Society volunteer hours
4. Earn National Junior Society volunteer hours
4. Earn Community Service hours
5. Summer Reading Program Volunteer (Middle School & High School students)
6. Complete an Eagle Scout Project for Boy Scouts
7. Complete a Silver or Gold Award Project for Girl Scouts
8. Folding Quarterly Children’s Brochure.
9. And more….!
How do I volunteer?
1. Call our Library Director at 973-838-3262, if you would like to volunteer.
2. Stop in the Library at your convenience to pick one up a volunteer form and complete both pages. Our Director or Ms. Arlene will review the information and contact you.
Thank you for your interest in helping the Butler Public Library.