A – Z Electronic Resources: Databases, E-Books, Audio Books, Movies, Magazines and More
ABC Mouse: An Educational Website for young children that provides online learning activities for 2 – 6 year olds at preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten levels. Access the ABC Mouse from the Library for free.
Academic Search Premier contains indexing for 8,025 publications, with full text for more than 4,500 of those titles. This is a good resource to use if you need articles from scholarly journals.
Explora Educator’s Edition: designed for students and teachers, Explora helps students with classroom and research assignment. For teachers, it offers primary source documents, informational texts, and curriculum support materials
Primary Search: designed for students and teachers, Explora helps students with classroom and research assignment. For teachers, it offers primary source documents, informational texts, and curriculum support materials
Explora Secondary Search: designed for students and teachers, Explora helps students with classroom and research assignment. For teachers, it offers primary source documents, informational texts, and curriculum support materials
- Award Winning Books for Children and Teens
- A to Z Animals
- Ben’s Guide to Government: Ben’s Guide to the U.S. Government is a service of the Government Publishing Office (GPA) which is designed to inform students, parents, and educators about the Federal Government which issues the publications and information products disseminated by the GPO’s Federal Depository Program.
- CIA: The World Fact Book
- Exploring Ocean Frontiers: Free Ocean Educator Resources with film clips, real-life data and engaging activities.
- Fact Monster Afree reference site for students, teachers, and parents. Get homework help and find facts on thousands of subjects.
- Funbrain.com Created for kids in grades Pre-K through grade 8. Offers hundreds of free interactive games, books, videos, and printables that help kids develop skills in math, reading, problem solving, and literacy.
- Funk & Wagnalls New World Encyclopedia
- Kids Click: KidsClick has been retired. You may wish to visit the International Children’s Digital Library, which is run by the University of Maryland, and is an established, ongoing, and award winning digital library for children.
- Learning Express A highly-acclaimed e-learning solution that provides support to students and professionals for academic skill-building, standardized test prep, career certification test prep and more. For more information, click here.
- MasterFileElite: Designed specifically for public libraries, this multidisciplinary database provides full text for more than 1,050 general reference publications with coverage dating as far back as 1984. Covering virtually every subject area of general interest, MasterFILE Elite also includes 52 full text reference books and an Image Collection of over 502,000 photos, maps and flags.
- Math Chase
- MiddleSearch Plus Middle Search Plus contains full text for more than 150 popular, middle school magazines.
- Storyline Online Reading aloud to children has been shown to improve reading, writing and communication skills, logical thinking and concentration, and general academic aptitude, as well as inspire a lifelong love of reading. Storyline Online is available 24 hours a day for children, parents, caregivers and educators worldwide. Each book includes supplemental curriculum developed by a credentialed elementary educator, aiming to strengthen comprehension and verbal and written skills for English-language learners.
- ERIC: The Educational Resource Information Center is a national information system supported by the U.S. Department of Education, the National Library of Education, and the Office of Educational Research and Improvement. It provides access to information from journals included in the Current Index of Journals in Education and Resources in Education Index.
- ESL:Free Classes at Local Libraries
Learning Express Library: A highly-acclaimed e-learning solution that provides support to students and professionals for academic skill-building, standardized test prep, career certification test prep and more. For more information, click here.
Tumble Book Library: Has over 1100 titles for grades K – 6, and includes a unique animated, talking picture books, read-along chapter books, National Geographic videos, non-fiction books, as well as books in Spanish and French.
Tumble Math: A comprehensive collection of math stories which combines animation, narration, and sound to create a compelling and enticing story book for students in grades K – 6. The books are all accompanied by supplementary materials such as lesson plans, educational games, plus quizzes in order to test and track progress.
Teen Book Cloud: A growing collection features over 1,000 titles for teens in grades 7 – 12, including student-favorite Graphic Novels, enhanced e-books with full audio narration and highlighted text, classic literature, National Geographic, and more.