A – Z Electronic Resources: Databases, E-Books, Audio Books, Movies, Magazines and More
- ABC Mouse: An Educational Website for young children that provides online learning activities for 2 – 6 year olds at preschool, Pre-K, and kindergarten levels. Access the ABC Mouse from the Library for free.
- Academic Search Premier contains indexing for 8,025 publications, with full text for more than 4,500 of those titles. This is a good resource to use if you need articles from scholarly journals.
- Explora Educator’s Edition: designed for students and teachers, Explora helps students with classroom and research assignment. For teachers, it offers primary source documents, informational texts, and curriculum support materials
- Explora High School
- Explora Middle School
- Explora Public Library
- Explora Primary School designed for students and teachers, Explora helps students with classroom and research assignment. For teachers, it offers primary source documents, informational texts, and curriculum support materials
- Explora Secondary Search: designed for students and teachers, Explora helps students with classroom and research assignment. For teachers, it offers primary source documents, informational texts, and curriculum support materials
More Helpful Educational Sites:
- A to Z Animals
- Ben’s Guide to Government: Ben’s Guide to the U.S. Government is a service of the Government Publishing Office (GPA) which is designed to inform students, parents, and educators about the Federal Government which issues the publications and information products disseminated by the GPO’s Federal Depository Program.
- CIA: The World Fact Book
- Exploring Ocean Frontiers: Free Ocean Educator Resources with film clips, real-life data and engaging activities.
- Fact Monster A free reference site for students, teachers, and parents. Get homework help and find facts on thousands of subjects.
- Funbrain.com Created for kids in grades Pre-K through grade 8. Offers hundreds of free interactive games, books, videos, and printables that help kids develop skills in math, reading, problem solving, and literacy.
- Funk & Wagnalls New World Encyclopedia
- GeoGuessr Map Skills
- MasterFileElite: Designed specifically for public libraries, this multidisciplinary database provides full text for more than 1,050 general reference publications with coverage dating as far back as 1984. Covering virtually every subject area of general interest, MasterFILE Elite also includes 52 full text reference books and an Image Collection of over 502,000 photos, maps and flags.
- Math Chase
- MiddleSearch Plus Middle Search Plus contains full text for more than 150 popular, middle school magazines.
- Reading Rockets: Find out about the annual winners of the Newbery Medal, Caldecott Medal, Coretta Scott King Illustrator Award, and Pura Belpré Illustrator Award — as well as other children’s book awards from the American Library Association and other literacy organizations. Many organizations end the year with a “best of” list of children’s books. Here are links to the awards and lists that we like, including selections from the Children’s Book Council, School Library Journal, Horn Book, Parent’s Choice, The New York Times, and many more.
- Starfall Learn phonics and learn to read.
- Storyline Online Reading aloud to children has been shown to improve reading, writing and communication skills, logical thinking and concentration, and general academic aptitude, as well as inspire a lifelong love of reading. Storyline Online is available 24 hours a day for children, parents, caregivers and educators worldwide. Each book includes supplemental curriculum developed by a credentialed elementary educator, aiming to strengthen comprehension and verbal and written skills for English-language learners.
- ERIC: The Educational Resource Information Center is a national information system supported by the U.S. Department of Education, the National Library of Education, and the Office of Educational Research and Improvement. It provides access to information from journals included in the Current Index of Journals in Education and Resources in Education Index.
- ESL: Free Classes at Local Libraries
Tumble Book Library: Has over 1100 titles for grades K – 6, and includes a unique animated, talking picture books, read-along chapter books, National Geographic videos, non-fiction books, as well as books in Spanish and French.