- New Adult fiction releases: 2 weeks
- All other books: 3 weeks
- Magazines (back issues) 2 weeks. New magazines do not circulate.
- Audio books on CD: 3 weeks
- Music CDs: 3 weeks
- Most DVD’s: 1 week (as marked)
- DVD’s: TV Series and Non Fiction (Single Disk) 1 week (as marked)
- DVD’s: TV Series and Non Fiction (Multiple Disks) 2 weeks (as marked)
- Non-fiction DVD’s: 2 weeks (as marked)
- Digital Library Audiobooks may be downloaded from DigitalLibraryNJ for either 14 days (default) or 7 days
- Ebooks may be downloaded from DigitalLibraryNJ for either 14 days (default) or 7 days
- You may renew Butler Library materials for the length of the original loan, except for those items that have been reserved for other patrons. To renew your materials online please go to the online catalog on our website or visit the library to renew your item/s.
- New books & movies are not renewable.
- DVD’s: Many DVD’s have a limit of 2 renewals.
- If you would like an item from the library collection that is already out on loan, we can place a hold on the item or you may go to the online Catalog to place a hold on the item via your home computer. You will need to log in with your library card number and PIN number (usually the last four digits of your phone number). The Library will call you when it is ready for pick up. Due to high demand, reserved books need to be picked up within three business days.
- Reserved books & movies need to be picked up within a week or they will be sent back to the “owning” library.
- Should you want material that is not available at any Morris County Library, we can obtain it for you from another library. You will receive a phone call when your item/s become available.
Circulation Desk: Return any Library materials to any staff member at the Circulation Desk. Any books dropped off at the desk will be checked in by a staff member. Overdue materials will be automatically charged to the patron’s account at this time. Fines should be paid as soon as possible.
Payment for overdue Library materials and lost items can be made in person at the Circulation Desks.
Book Drop: All Library materials may be placed in the Book Drop outside the Library at any time. There is a one day “grace period” for those books placed in the Book Drop and altered for holidays and summer hours when the Library is closed on Saturdays in July and August.
Please do not put any book donations in the book drop.
Borrowing privileges will be suspended for patrons who have fees in excess of $5.00. When the fees have been settled, privileges are restored.
Updated: June 2017