The following Museum Passes are available to Butler Library patrons
provided by the Friends of the Butler Library.
- Yoggi Berra Museum & Learning Center: Call the Library for more information: 973-838-3262. 8 Yogi Berra Drive Little Falls, NJ
- Morris Museum: Call the Library for more information: 973-838-3262.
- Imagine That!!! Call the Library for more information: 973-838-3262. 4 Vreeland Rd., Florham Park, N.J. 07932. 973-966-8000
- Storm King Art Center: 1 Museum Road, New Windsor NY 12553 845-534-3115 More Information (PDF Document)
Plan your visit to Storm King. 2023 Instructions for Library Patrons to visit SKAC.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I get a pass?2023 Instructions for Library Patrons to visit SKAC
Museum passes may be borrowed, free of charge, by Library patrons 18 years of age and over who have a Butler Public Library card in good standing, (fines less than $5.00) and who have signed the Museum Pass User’s Agreement.
- How do I reserve a pass?
Passes may be reserved up to three (3) months in advance of the desired date. Reservations may be taken in person by stopping by the Library or by calling 973-838-3262. Passes are subject to availability, and are reserved on a first-come, first-served basis. Passes cannot be renewed.
- How much is the deposit for a Museum Pass?
A $30.00 cash (NO CHECKS) deposit is required at the time the pass is picked up, this will be refunded in full when the pass is returned to the circulation desk on time.
- How can I make an additional pass reservation?
Borrowers must return a pass before requesting an additional pass reservation. The Library reserves the right to monitor usage to ensure fair access to the greatest number of patrons.
- How long may I borrow a pass?
Passes circulate for 3 days, if you get a pass on a Friday, it is due back on Monday before closing. (8:00 P.M.) If you take out a pass on Monday, it is due Wednesday before 8:00 P.M. Passes cannot be returned in the book drop. Museum passes will be bar-coded and charged out like other circulating material. If a pass is put in the book drop the patron forfeits the $30.00 cash deposition.
- What happens if I return the pass after the three day loan period?
A fee of $5.00 per day will be charged to the borrower’s Library account for passes held beyond the three day loan period. The maximum fine is $100.00 at this time the pass will be considered lost.
- What happens if I lose the pass?
The replacement cost of the pass ($75.00) will be charged to the borrower’s library account for passes that are lost or not returned within 14 days. The patron will forfeit their $30.00 deposit which will be deducted from the total cost of the replacement.
- What happens if I do not pick up the pass on the day I reserved it?
If a reserved pass is not picked up by close of business on Day 1, the reservation is cancelled and the pass becomes available for others to borrow. Borrowers are urged to call the Library as soon as possible if unable to utilize a museum pass on the reserved date, in order to make the pass available to others.
- Should I bring my Library card with me?
Always check the museum before your visit for any stipulations or other information you might need. Make sure to bring your Library card, as you may need to present it to the museum. You must bring your Butler Library card to the Intrepid.
Please visit the library or call: 973-838-3262 for more information!