The following Museum Passes are available to Butler Library patrons
provided by the Friends of the Butler Library.
- Montclair Art Museum 3 South Mountain Ave. Montclair, NJ. 973-746-5555 The pass admits up to 2 adults, all children in household up to age 18. 10% discount in museum store. Parking: The museum offers free parking to visitors in our onsite lot. Free parking is available on South Mountain Avenue if parking lot is full.
Events, tours, and more: MAM has programming for all ages. Check the event listing page to see what’s coming up.
Family Learning Lab: Explore the Learning Lab on the 3rd floor as part of your visit. Large illustrations from the exhibition allow families to “step into” the stories. Engage with the stories using activity prompts, art supplies, and books.
- Morris Museum: Call the Library for more information: 973-838-3262. Please check their website for any additional entry requirements or closings.
- Storm King Art Center: 1 Museum Road, New Windsor NY 12553 845-534-3115 More Information (PDF Document)
Plan your visit to Storm King. 2023 Instructions for Library Patrons to visit SKAC. Storm King Art Center will be closed for the winter season, January through March, reopening in early April 2024. The grounds are open on weekends through December 17 10AM–4:30PM, and there is a film screening coming up on December 16 and 17, a short film documenting the creation of Martin Puryear’s Lookout. Your patrons can find more details here: https://stormking.org/events/public-program-martin-puryear-film-screenings/.
Please check their website for any additional entry requirements or closings.
- Fosterfields Historic Working Farm 73 Khadena Road Morristown, NJ morrisparks.nethttps://www.morrisparks.net/index.php/parks/fosterfields. Please check their website for any additional entry requirements or closings.
- Crayola Experience: This is a discount only Program.
30 Centre Square
Easton, PA 18042
DISCOUNT ONLY: The Crayola Experience will give you discounted General Admission tickets for $22.59 (regular priced tickets are $28.99). To get the discount: Click this link tickets.crayolaexperience.com then enter our store name BPL in order to continue with the ordering process for the tickets. Please check their website for any additional entry requirements or closings.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I get a pass?
Museum passes may be borrowed, free of charge, by Library patrons 18 years of age and over who have a Butler Public Library card in good standing, (fines less than $5.00) and who have signed the Museum Pass User’s Agreement.
- How do I reserve a pass?
Passes may be reserved up to three (3) months in advance of the desired date. Reservations may be taken in person by stopping by the Library or by calling 973-838-3262. Passes are subject to availability, and are reserved on a first-come, first-served basis. Passes cannot be renewed.
- How much is the deposit for a Museum Pass?
A $30.00 cash (NO CHECKS) deposit is required at the time the pass is picked up, this will be refunded in full when the pass is returned to the circulation desk on time.
- How can I make an additional pass reservation?
Borrowers must return a pass before requesting an additional pass reservation. The Library reserves the right to monitor usage to ensure fair access to the greatest number of patrons.
- How long may I borrow a pass?
Passes circulate for 3 days, if you get a pass on a Friday, it is due back on Monday before closing. (8:00 P.M.) If you take out a pass on Monday, it is due Wednesday before 8:00 P.M. Passes cannot be returned in the book drop. Museum passes will be bar-coded and charged out like other circulating material. If a pass is put in the book drop the patron forfeits the $30.00 cash deposition.
- What happens if I return the pass after the three day loan period?
A fee of $5.00 per day will be charged to the borrower’s Library account for passes held beyond the three day loan period. The maximum fine is $100.00 at this time the pass will be considered lost.
- What happens if I lose the pass?
The replacement cost of the pass ($75.00) will be charged to the borrower’s library account for passes that are lost or not returned within 14 days. The patron will forfeit their $30.00 deposit which will be deducted from the total cost of the replacement.
- What happens if I do not pick up the pass on the day I reserved it?
If a reserved pass is not picked up by close of business on Day 1, the reservation is cancelled and the pass becomes available for others to borrow. Borrowers are urged to call the Library as soon as possible if unable to utilize a museum pass on the reserved date, in order to make the pass available to others.
- Should I bring my Library card with me?
Always check the museum before your visit for any stipulations or other information you might need. Make sure to bring your Library card, as you may need to present it to the museum. You must bring your Butler Library card to the Intrepid.
Please visit the library or call: 973-838-3262 for more information!