Now is the time to explore the online links for free.
- Draw Everyday with JJK
Art and drawing lessons from New York Times-bestselling author/illustrator Jarrett J. Krosoczka! Jarrett is the mind behind the Punk Farm picture books, the Lunch Lady graphic novels, several volumes in the Star Wars: Jedi Academy series, and the young adult graphic memoir Hey, Kiddo, which was a National Book Award Finalist.
- DAV Pilkey at Home Learn to Draw
Bibliocard Scholarly Works on Film & Media, Public Library of Science (PLOS) Research, Exhibits From National Libraries & Archives, Race, Gender & Sexuality Studies
Museums & Other
- American Museum of Natural History
- British Museum: London
- Great Wall of China Virtual Tour
- Museum of Modern Art MOMA
- National Museum of Natural History: Smithsonian
- Virtual Gettysburg
- The Louvre: France
Want to enjoy a musical performance online while you are in the house. The Live Music Archive contains thousands of concert recordings for hundreds of artists. A popular collection is The Grateful Dead, but you can explore Smashing Pumpkins, Robert Randolph (and the Family Band), Disco Biscuits, Death Cab for Cutie, John Mayer, or Grace Potter and the Nocturnals. (If wizard rock is more your style, we also have several concerts from Harry and the Potters.) Take a look and see if any of your favorite artists are in here
- National Parks
- Journey Through Botanical Gardens: New York City, Washington, D.C., Portland Japanese Garden, Missouri Botanical Garden, Longwood Gardens, Brooklyn Botanical Gardens, Cheekwood Estate & Gardens, Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens
- Statue of Liberty
VIRTUAL Theme Parks
- Walt Disney World: Visit Virtual tours at Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, and Epcot. There are also unofficial YouTube videos that feel just like you’re on famous rides like the Frozen Ever After ride, It’s a Small World, Monsters, Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue!, and Pirates of the Caribbean.
- LEGOLAND Florida Resort: The Great Lego Race and Miniland USA are two of the attractions you can check out in a virtual tour of the park.
- SeaWorld Orlando: The virtual tour of Sea World includes a tour of Discovery Cove and the option to”ride” the steel roller coaster Mako.
Virtual Trips to Zoos and Aquariums
- Atlanta Zoo: The Georgia zoo keeps a “Panda Cam” live stream on its website
- Bronx Zoo
- Cape May County Zoo: Zoo School
- The Cincinnati Zoo: Check in around 3 p.m., because that’s the time the Zoo holds a daily Home Safari on its Facebook Live Feed.
- Georgia Aquarium Webcams
- Houston Zoo Webcams
- New England Aquarium
- Houston Zoo: There are plenty of different animals you can check in on with this zoo’s live cam, but we highly recommend watching the playful elephants.
- Live Streams of San Diego Zoo
- Longwood Gardens: Virtual Field Trips
- Monterey Bay Aquarium Live Streams
- National Aquarium: Walk through tropical waters to the icy tundra in this floor-by-floor tour of the famous, Baltimore-based aquarium.
- National Marine Sanctuaries
- New England Aquarium Virtual Tour
- San Diego Zoo: With what may be the most live cam options, this zoo lets you switch between koalas, polar bears, and tigers in one sitting.
- The Shedd Aquarium: This Chicago aquarium shares some pretty adorable behind-the-scenes footage of their residents on Facebook.
- Smithsonian’s National Zoo Web Cam Visits at the zoo.