Now is the time to explore these wonderful places for free.
Art: Added 5/14/2020
Brought to you from Field Station Dinosaur Derby, Kansas: Do you want to learn how to draw a dinosaur: Choose a date:
May 20: 4:00-5:00 P.M.
May 27: 4:00 – 5:00 P.M.
Get out your pencils, crayons, and paper for a series of fun and exciting free LIVE videos with paleoartist, Science Teacher, ZooKeeper, and creator of Prehistoric Beast of the Week, Christopher DiPiazza. Chris will host an hour long, LIVE video every Wednesday in May from 4pm-5pm EST showing you how to draw a dinosaur.
Visit our page each week to vote for your favorite dinosaur then on Wednesday you’ll enjoy a step by step art lesson while learning interesting facts about each one! Fun for all ages.
KANSAS: The video will be at 3pm CDT on the New Jersey Facebook page @jerseysaurus.
Education: Added 5/14/2020
Scholastic Learn at Home
Scholastic Learn at Home is a 20-day program to keep kids entertained and learning through videos, stories, and problem-solving challenges. The website is divided by age and has enough activities for each group to provide parents with three hours of content each day. That means three hours each day of online reading and activity time, all themed around a special topic area for the day. Day one for first and second graders? Spiders. Get ready for some cute spider drawings for the fridge, folks!
VIRTUAL Theme Parks
- Walt Disney World: Visit Virtual tours at Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, and Epcot. There are also unofficial YouTube videos that feel just like you’re on famous rides like the Frozen Ever After ride, It’s a Small World, Monsters, Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue!, and Pirates of the Caribbean.
- LEGOLAND Florida Resort: The Great Lego Race and Miniland USA are two of the attractions you can check out in a virtual tour of the park.
SeaWorld Orlando: The virtual tour of Seaworld includes a tour of Discovery Cove and the option to”ride” the steel roller coaster Mako.
Virtual Trips to Zoos and Aquariums
- Atlanta Zoo: The Georgia zoo keeps a “Panda Cam” livestream on its website
- Bronx Zoo
- Cape May County Zoo: Zoo School
- The Cincinnati Zoo: Check in around 3 p.m., because that’s the time the Zoo holds a daily Home Safari on its Facebook Live Feed.
- Georgia Aquarium Webcams
- Houston Zoo Webcams
- New England Aquarium
- Houston Zoo: There are plenty of different animals you can check in on with this zoo’s live cam, but we highly recommend watching the playful elephants.
- Live Streams of San Diego Zoo
- Monterey Bay Aquarium Live Streams
- National Aquarium: Walk through tropical waters to the icy tundra in this floor-by-floor tour of the famous, Baltimore-based aquarium.
- Added 5/12/20 New England Aquarium Virtual Tour
- San Diego Zoo: With what may be the most live cam options, this zoo lets you switch between koalas, polar bears, and tigers in one sitting.
- The Shedd Aquarium: This Chicago aquarium shares some pretty adorable behind-the-scenes footage of their residents on Facebook.
- Added 5/12/20 Smithsonian’s National Zoo Web Cam Visits at the zoo.
- Added 5/12/20 National Parks
- Added 5/12/20 Journey Through Botanical Gardens: New York City, Washington, D.C., Portland Japanese Garden, Missouri Botanical Garden, Longwood Gardens, Brooklyn Botanical Gardens, Cheekwood Estate & Gardens, Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens