Friendly Reminder: The Butler Library will be closed, Monday, January 17 for Martin Luther King, Jr. Day.
We are open Saturday, January 15 from 10:00 A.M. – 2:50 P.M.
Programs, Electronic Resources, Museum Passes, Family Movie Nights Tuesday Afternoon Movies, and more….
A – Z Electronic Resources: Databases, E-Books, Audio Books, Movies, Magazines and More
Virtual Lecture Series with Barry Wienfeld
Brought to you by the Hackettstown Library: Open to our Patrons
Three B’s: music lectures (Bach, Beethoven, the Beatles)
When: January 13, January 20, January 27. Register here
The Hackettstown Library is hosting three virtual music programs entitled, “The Three B’s of Music with Barry Wiesenfeld.”
Thursday, January 13, at 7pm: Join us for “Back to Bach.” Johann Sebastian Bach literally and figuratively wrote the book on how music works. The forms, harmonies, progressions used today were outlined by him more than 300 years ago. His influence is everywhere. In this class participants will listen to some of the remarkable works he left us, and learn why they are so remarkable.
Thursday, January 20, at 7pm: Join us for “Learning Ludwig (Beethoven).” In this presentation, listen to some of his great work and explore the person behind the genius.
Thursday, Januarty 27, at 7pm: “The Beatles” will be featured. The Beatles did for pop music what Beethoven did for the classical world: mastered what came before them and then took everyone in a new direction. Lyrics, instrumentation, studio techniques (and more) will all be discussed.
TAX SEASON IS HERE! Click here for more information.
If you would like us to print out any forms, it is $.15 per page
Important tips to know before filing.
ANNOUNCEMENT for ebooks and eAudio users:
We are moving from Cloud Library to Libby
Click here to access LIBBY
Here’s what you need to know:
1. You won’t be able to place new holds in CloudLibrary starting on Thursday, December 16, 2021.
2. CloudLibrary will be available to you until January 3, 2022
3. The Libby App will be available to you starting January 3, 2022, though the process of moving all our content over will take several weeks.
4. All eBooks and eAudio will be migrated throughout the month of January. We appreciate your patience as we transition to this exciting new digital platform for our patrons.
5. You will be able to access a wide variety of digital magazines in the app, along with your eBooks and eAudio.
6. Libby also works with Kindles, and a wide variety of other eReaders!
7. Whatever you have checked out will not migrate to LIBBY.
8. Reading history and a saved list will not migrate to LIBBY.
9. Existing holds or your place on line will not migrate to LIBBY.
Monday through Thursday: 10:00 – 7:50 pm
Friday: 10:00 – 4:50 pm
Saturdays: 10:00 am – 2:50 pm
ALERT: What do I do if I see a Spotted Lantern Bug? The United States Division of Agriculture (USDA) needs your help. To report a sighting, use the reporting tool or call 833-4BADBUG (833-422-3284). For other questions, email us at SLFfirstname.lastname@example.org.
Remember, you can also at smile.amazon.com and pick the Butler Free Public Library (https://smile.amazon.com/ch/22-1775438 ) or the Friends of the Butler Public Library and Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases.
Join Our E-mail List
Send an e-mail with the word: Join in the subject field to info@ButlerLibrary.org to receive email blasts of Library Programs and Events. Stay informed and know what’s happening at the Butler Library.